Wednesday, September 14, 2011

When I was little, I used to pretend I was an Indian.

When I was little, I had this cute little Pocahontas like dress, and I would go out in my yard all day, and not come inside. I'd stay in the woods, and make face paint out of rocks. I'd take soft rocks, get some water, and rub them till they turned into a clay liquid then paint stripes on my face. I had a little secret spot in the woods by my house, hidden by lots of wild brush and scraggly trees. There was a rock there and I would write on it with the clay paint as well. I would look for interesting treasures, like pine cones and feathers, and I would pick huge black berries. I was so blessed to have such a free child hood, to explore, and live in such a beautiful place. I'll never forget those times. :)

You might be wondering why I'm talking about this. Well on look book today, I found this girl who has the cutest fashion I have ever seen! I love every single one of her outfits. And all of them reminded me of my childhood, of those times when I was pretending I was an Indian. Her style is so earthy, nature feeling, free, cute, pastel, and Indian looking, I just love it! I really LOVE her style! Next time I go Goodwill shopping Im going to look for more Indian looking clothes, and earth toned clothes. ^^ and hehe, Its cute cause I'm dating a Native American. The more I see of his culture and learn and know about it, the more I'm beginning to appreciate it, and like it more and more. :) I love nature too, and growing up in the forest in C.A. really made me appreciate it even more. Sorry this is all so random. Here is a drawing I drew for today. Its of one of her outfits. I drew it with a Sanguine pencil. I think it gave it a nice earthy feel. :) Hope you like it.


Oh and here are some of my fav pics for the day! and some outfits from that girl I was telling you about. Oh, and here is her lookbook as well Ashlei L.








3 comments:

  1. Haha, Cheryl, you're so lovely! And adorable! I love your little inspiration moments when you feel so inspired by something and just go with it. And I think that sort of style really suits you too; earthy but pastel, laid back, sweet and Indian-ish. And it IS adorable cause you're dating Tiger too, wah! <3 <3

    And I love Lookbook, I'm officially addicted now. D: It's so not good for my studying and homework, but whatever, it's during my break time. xD I just need to get better pictures taken of my outfits cause I only have mirror shots :O We should have a photoshoot sometime! SO FUN :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww!! Thanks so much Meghan! ^^ hugs! and wahhh!! I know it IS so addicting. lol!! XD and omg yes!! We totally need to have a photoshoot! :DDD

    ReplyDelete
  3. really love boho style...great pics!!
    love your blog...so following you...

    kiss,
    http://cocobloggers.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete