Wednesday, August 8, 2012

One of Those Special Days of Summer

I know this is a little late, but I just wanted to talk about the past weekend. :) On Saturday, it was the kind of day I'd been dreaming about for most of summer. Just a fun day with friends and going on adventures. For the first part of the day we went shopping on tax free weekend which was a blast. :D We all got some sweet deals and good finds. :) Then after that we went to a place far out in the boonies, a little abandoned remains of an old farm perhaps. It was so peaceful and beautiful there, walking amongst the ruins and then going exploring around the house. There was a pretty pond/lake behind the ruins, it was fairly big in size, and it was so nice just to hear the water splashing up against the shore. There were lots of butterflies around the trees too. It was just so nice. I love being outside and exploring. And just being surrounded by friends. It was the kind of day I'd been dreaming about all summer. :) I hope we can have a few more days like that soon. And this weekend we are going to have a tea party/formal dinner with dancing and we are all going to get super dressed up! I can't wait! I'm going to make some new things this time for the dinner as well! Also a very special book came in the mail on Saturday as well! The Last Unicorn! I'd been wanting to read it for a long time so I just ordered it offline. :) I'm so excited to read it, I'm only a little ways in yet, but its already amazing! Well I'll wrap this up. Love you all, and hope you have a great rest of the week! ^_^ I'll take pictures of the party and share them with you all. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment