Sunday, March 3, 2013

Will You Praise Your Lord?


Please listen to this song as you read this post. ^_^

There are often days when I'm driving to school that I look over at the beautiful sun rising. The clouds are pink and orange, and look like far off kingdoms... and out of no where I get this sudden urge to want to pull off the side of the road, to climb up on top of my car, turn and feel the warm sun shinning on my face, and I want to close my eyes for a moment then open them, raise my arms up high and just take time to praise God!!!! Praise him for all he's done for me, for the new day! The beautiful sunrise!!!!!!!! Life gets so busy.... that I don't even have time to do that... To praise God! :( Or I'm scared of, what if someone drives by and sees me worshiping on top my car? 0.o What will people think? Or what if I'm late for school?? Ugh!!! Seriously guys, one of these days I'm just going to do it! I'm going to pull off the side of the road, climb on top my car, and just do it!! Worship God!! Stop time and all worldly things just for even if its a few minutes... God deserves so much more than that. This song I found today... it really moved me as I sat listening to it in my room. I want to listen to this song when I pull off the side of the road. It reminds me of heaven and of life; and how important it is to praise God.

I've been feeling sad lately... because life just pulls me down so much sometimes that I just want to give up. On Wednesday I just cried in my car because I felt depressed and that I had no control over my life. And on top of it, that morning I woke up with a huge ugly cold sore on my lip. They take up to 14 days to go away, they are very painful, and usually cause scaring... so for the past few days I've been feeling really down and ugly... but on thursday I called in sick and took a day off for myself... because I just desperately needed it. It helped me a lot because it reminded me that I do have control of my life. I don't have to work at the bank, but I choose to. But anyway, just listening to this song today really inspired me to write this and share it with all of you. Life is hard some times, but always remember we have a God, a savior who loves us. We are his daughters, and he only wants good things for us. We need to trust in him and his timing. I'm thinking of getting a different job this summer that has less hours so I can start something I've been feeling called to do. It's a secret though, so I will share what it is with you all soon. ;) But I feel God starting to lead my down a new path. :) And I feel other things are opening up too. This year is going to be a year of change. It's scary, but maybe once I actually face those new things, it wont be so bad as what I make it out out to be in my head. :) Any way! I love you all, and you are all in my prayers. Don't give up my sisters in Christ! God has great things instore for those who love him.

Love you all! Sincerely your friend and sister, Cheryl. ^_^




2 comments:

  1. Amen sistah. :) I

    I've done this before, not stopped the car, but just rolled down my window as I was driving and held my hand in the air in worship to "How He Loves". It was such a powerful moment I remember vivdl; sunset, summer smells, perfect weather, the world speeding by, but you feel still in a moment of peace and contentment. It's wonderful <3

    love you! I can't wait to see what God has called you to :3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats so awesome Meghan!!! ^_^ and I've done that too!!! Its so amazing isn't it!!! Ahhh!! ^__^ It really does feel like a moment of peace and contentment... makes me think of that David Crowder video where he stops to sing in the middle of a street in what looks like a huge city. ;__; ahhh I tear up every time. :') Love you!! and thanks dear!! Can't wait to share with you all soon!! ;)

      Delete