Monday, April 8, 2013

The Journey Begins

I can't tell you much about this place... because I don't know what happened here... just one day the winds stopped, and then our way of life was over... These wheels have stopped turning, and the once rich soil I used to plow is now turned to ash beneath my feet. It's blistering hot, and I feel no peace in my bones. I can't stay here for long... I am the last, and I am lonely. I don't know what time it is, and I have lost track of the days. I've decided this is my last entry for now. I'm packing my belongings tonight, and I'm setting out to find the truth come mornings first light. I've never left this place, this is the only home I've ever known. I don't know what I will face once I step forth out of the valley. Dragons, wizards, thugs perhaps, or even more stranger mysteries than I can even fathom. I'm terrified, and I have packed a sword and a bow just in case. Though I pray I will never have to use them. I have little money, and even less food and water. Hoping to find a spring to refill up my jug soon. Once I take rest I will wright again. Take heart my friend journal, and wish me luck. May my pen meet your paper again... It is time to take action.
Sincerely, Basil Kairos











No comments:

Post a Comment